Thursday 1 March 2012

New Friends


Hullo,

So by now I’ve done a few more shifts and got to make a new friend along the way, but before I get to that I’ll go through my days in order.

I had my second shift at Garden Grill on Saturday with my friend Pluto; the shift went fast so I was happy with that. Unfortunately I didn’t get to bed early and had an early start the next morning for character dining, yet again with Pluto. This was at the Swan Hotel in one of their restaurants. It was dead for the first three sets, but when Pluto went out on his fourth set it was packed, only because majority of the guests were runners from the Princess ½ Marathon. I then had a 3 ½ hour break inbetween my shifts, so I decided to go have lunch in Paris, then wonder the rest of the worlds. It didn’t take up much time, I then decided to just go back to base and read. I ended up putting in for an ER when I finished my first shift (ER for my second shift) and it looked like I wasn’t going to get it until my captain got a call as I was jumping into the van – my ER had been granted and the person taking over me was coming. So I only worked an hour for that shift, I couldn’t care because I knew I’d be exhausted the next morning if I had to stay until 10pm.

The next morning, waking up at 4:15am, I headed over to Magic Kingdom for my spare shift. However, it didn’t turn out to be a spare shift. Thank goodness I was not pulled for character dining (I have enough shifts currently and next week to last me a lifetime) but I was pulled to make a new friend – Tweedledee, as well as his brother – Tweedledum. I was so happy to make a new friend and we had the best time – they may be my favourites now, shhh! Don’t tell Pluto! They also got to ride the Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups on their last set – which they both loved! That night I went with some friends to the Beach Club Resort (where I’ll be staying with my brother) to have a go at the kitchen sink challenge – we did pretty well! Afterwards I went home since at that stage I was still planning to go to the Star Wars auditions and they were bright and early.

However, my alarm went off at 6am and I went back to sleep. I knew there was no point going, I wouldn’t get anything and I was mainly going to see what happens during them, but I had worked with a face character the previous day who told me exactly what happens. So, I decided not to go and caught up on sleep. During the day I did my washing, met up with friends, went to my first class – Disney Heritage – then went out for dinner at the Olive Garden, which was amazing! I don’t like soup, but one of my friends (who originally disliked soup) insisted to try the Chicken and Gnocchi soup. I listened and I loved it! And it was free refills, so I got some to take home – guess what’s for lunch today! Oh and today is the ‘One More Disney Day’ where Magic Kingdom and Disneyland are open from 6am on the 29th Feb until 6am 5th March. I was thinking about going for the opening, but I love my sleep more at the moment. However, I am going tonight after I finish work at 10pm.

That’s all thus far. My next two days I have off, then a spare shift at EPCOT and then I begin my torture at Magic Kingdom’s Crystal Palace… I swear someone is getting back at me for giving away that 11.5 hour shift last week. 4 shifts at Crystal Palace? I’m going to cry, let’s just hope the roster for the following week has me and my friends out and about the parks, not cooped up in restaurants.

131 days – the numbers are decreasing quickly! I like this…

No comments:

Post a Comment