Friday 30 March 2012

I Can't Wait to be a King!

Exciting news – well at least for me – I booked tickets this morning to see The Lion King Musical when it comes to Orlando! I’m going with one of my roommates, Lauren, on the 25th of April! I’m excited. I saw the musical over in London, so I’m excited to see it again as I enjoyed it a lot.


Anyway, back to the order in which my week has happened thus far. Sunday, Contemporary Breakfast – it goes fast so I don’t mind this Dining shift, then I was back there Monday for dinner dining. Tuesday I went grocery shopping, my roommate Kristina was kind enough to offer me a lift – we also went through a car wash, my first time going through one. Needless to say I acted like a child. Oh! And we finally got our last two roommates! Melinda (Myndi) and Alex, they’re lovely and we all get along/have the same humour etc, so things have been going great! Tuesday afternoon I had my Heritage class at the Magic Kingdom this time. Honestly, I didn’t enjoy this much, a little pointless in my opinion. We did get to go on one attraction – Mickey’s PhilarMagic, so it wasn’t all that bad, I like Mickey’s PhilarMagic. That night I had a Skype date with Hannah and Emily! I didn’t realise Emily was going to be there as well, so it was a nice surprise to see both the girls.


Wednesday, yesterday, we had a roommate outing – bar Alex as she had some prior arrangements – and we all went to see The Hunger Games! Yes, I’m one of those people who loves the books. I enjoyed the movie, yes it missed out/changed some parts of the book, but no matter what the book is going to be better, no matter what movie/book series it is. Luckily with that mindset I’m still able to enjoy films (most) that are based from books. Lauren and I blubbered at the point in the movie that we knew we would – we weren’t the only ones though! Afterwards we dropped the girls off and Lauren and I headed over to Millenia Mall to pick out some glasses for Lauren. After much debating she finally got a pair, which look amazing on her! I experience a lot of my ‘first time in ____ shop’ too. Such as Forever 21 and Victoria Secret. Pitty I was saving my money for when we headed back over to Downtown Disney to get my pair of Toms. So, I got my Toms that I’ve wanted for ages. I really wanted a pair to wear to work, I’m over having to untie and tie my shoes a billion times a day for changing basics etc. I suppose you can call that lazy… But I canno wait to get another pair. They’re amazingly comfortable! AND I got staff discount thanks to Disney! So a $47 pair (including tax) came down to $37! So happy.


I have work up until Tuesday, my next day off. I have attempted to pick up a shift on Wednesday, my other scheduled day off to try and get more $$$, but I still have to see if it gets approved. It’s also a 12 hour shift, so overtime!


That’s all that’s been happening recently. Lauren and I are still planning our American trip after my program. Yes, that’s not until next January, but we’re excited and there’s no harm in starting to plan now! 102 days until I get to see my brother and Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment