Saturday 24 March 2012

Painting the Roses Red


Two weeks have past and not much has happened besides work, but I’m going to fill you in on what I can remember.

Tink in the Pixie Hollow area EPCOT where you can see her and her friends


I experienced my first Daylight Savings moving the clock forward one hour (well the first that I can remember) which killed me. I lost one hour worth of sleep and had work at 6:30am that day. I then had a Crystal Palace shift that went by quickly, luckily I had a friend working there as well that day, so time went a little faster. Last week I finally got my usual Meet & Greet back at Character Spot – I missed it so much, I’m glad that since then I’ve been scheduled there once a week. Still over Dining, but it does make time go faster.

Silvermist, one of Tink's friends in Pixie Hollow

They had all these different fairy homes throughout Pixie Hollow Gardens, I liked this the most


On Tuesday I went and had a look at the Garden & Flower Festival at EPCOT, which was interesting. I got a map and went on a search to find all the characters in plant form. I’ll include some pictures throughout the post. I was only there for a couple of hours, but got a little burnt – thankfully I don’t burn as bad as I do back at home – maybe for the first time ever I’ll get a tan whilst her in America! That afternoon I had my Disney Heritage class – all about the theme park history (Disneyland and WDW), I found it interesting and it’s nice to know a few extra facts about some rides here at the Magic Kingdom.

Farmer Mickey and Minnie at the gateway to the World Showcase


Wednesday was a friend’s birthday in which he celebrated by inviting us all along to join him for breakfast at the Grand Floridian’s 1900 Park Fare – a character dining experience (and my first as a guest!). The food was pretty darn good, and so much of a selection – it’s a buffet style restaurant, and it was only $20 with our discount. I say only because I was honestly expecting around $30-35 since character dining can be expensive. Afterwards we jumped on a monorail and went over to the Magic Kingdom for a while. Everyone left and I stayed as I was meeting another friend – Brittany – in two hours time, it would have been a waste of time to go home. So I rode the Walt Disney Railroad steam train, watch PhilarMagic again, went into the Enchanted Tiki Room for the first time, and got a waffle with strawberries and cream from the Sleepy Hollow food area for ‘lunch’ (4pm).

Beast and Belle in the France Pavilion


After browsing in some stores Brittany was finished with work and we went on some rides. She also showed me her necklace – ‘Aztec Gold Coin’ from Pirates of the Caribbean 1. I didn’t even know they sold that, so off we went so I could purchase one for myself. Then, since we were right there and it was a ‘5min’ wait, we jumped on the ride. The evening went fast, and after riding Peter Pan’s Flight we headed home, before Wishes so we could miss the rush of people to the monorails and boats, at the rush of CPs to the CP bus. It was a long day, but one I enjoyed a lot.

Cars 2 - Japan (Seeing as Cars 2 was set mainly in Tokyo)


Since then I had my shift at Character Spot yesterday and my shift at Ohana’s at the Polynesian Resort. I’m back there tomorrow, but since it’s Spring Break and drawing closer to Easter the Breakfast and Dinner hours have been extended at all dining locations. At least I’ll be fed dinner whilst I’m at the Contemporary (we only ever get fed at Ohana’s). And with my pay, I’m never one to pass on a free meal now days.

Snow White in Germany


Next Wednesday Lauren, Jen and I are going to see the Hunger Games. Back home I would have been to the movie already – these types of movies I book in advance and see them on the day of release. But unfortunately I had work today (release date in America) and have work for the following few days. Oh well.

Woody and Buzz found in the American Pavilion


That’s all I have to ‘report’ on. Eat, sleep and work is mainly all I do lately, but at least I love my job.

108 sleep until my brother arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment