Friday 10 February 2012

You've Got A Friend In Me

I’m still alive!

I made it through the three days of early morning starts. One thing I hate is getting up before the sun, but at least that’s over for now. Sunday, my first of the three spare shifts, I was pulled during warm ups to go to the Polynesian Resort for the Character Dining for breakfast. My friend Pluto was probably more enthused about Character Dining, myself – I strongly dislike it. Anyway, we finished that at about 12pm and as soon as the last set was over my captain receives a call saying that ‘Amy is needed at Crystal Palace with Eeyore, first set is at 1pm’. Yaaaaayyyy. Another Character Dining place. By the time I got back, got Eeyore looking hansom it was 12:30pm. I had never been to Crystal Palace so I had no idea how to find my way. I got instructions from one of the ladies in the base whose instructions lead me the wrong way. Eventually, after someone helped me, I found the Crystal Palace stairwell, got ready then went straight into it. Well. If I strongly dislike Polynesian, I hate Crystal Palace. Way too hard for poor Eeyore to mover between tables, he ain’t the skinniest character out there. Plus the rotation/set out is more complicated than Polynesian. Luckily we only had one set that day and the remainder of my day was just me sitting around waiting for clock out time.

Monday, yet another spare shift at Magic Kingdom, I didn’t get pulled all day. Luckily I had a friend there to make our spare shifts less boring, although he got pulled at lunch then towards the end of my shift he was pulled for Crystal Palace (hahahaha). Tuesday, straight after warm ups…I was pulled for Polynesian. Ugh. But it was so quiet we finished really early and the rest of my day I used for reading until I clocked out.

Yesterday (Wednesday) Jen and I went to Magic Kingdom for a bit then went over to Hollywood Studios. We met some different characters at animation; they come out after 4:30/5pm when the fireworks aren’t on. So I got to meet Hook and Smee, Mulan, Belle, Pinnochio, Meeko, Goofy, Mary Poppins and Mr. Penguin, and Chip ‘n’ Dale.









Also, yesterday, I got to book the hotel that my brother and family friend will be staying at – as well as myself! After a few complications (the original hotel they chose no longer had rooms for us) we decided on the Beach Club Resort. I cannot wait! 151 days until they arrive, I’ve even got the countdown on my calendar.

Anyway that was my small catch up, today I’m at EPCOT at Character Spot with my friend Pluto. Then I have the next two days off!

Have a great day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment