Monday 23 January 2012

Training - Complete!

Hello!

Now, I haven’t abandoned this blog, I’ve just being trying to work how I can explain/say things during my past week without breaking the rules and such. I don’t particularly want to be kicked out of the program!

This past week was all about training. I had training for 4 days (Tuesday-Friday) where we learnt all the rules and methods of being a Character Performer. I’m not going to say much about the training, as I said I don’t want to push any buttons. But we had two days off stage, then the last two on stage. And let me tell you, even though each time I get nervous going out being friends with characters, it’s a very rewarding job. I’ve only had two days on stage, but the memories I helped create and the smiles on so many faces – I couldn’t help but smile the whole time too. But let me tell you, it’s not as easy as it may seem! Yes, it’s fun and rewarding, but my goodness my legs are killing me! You definitely get a work out.

I did pass my training – I have my first shift out of training today – and got 100% on the written test! Now why couldn’t I get 100% in all my university exams? Hmm. It’s a short shift today, 6 hours and I’m a spare, which I won’t explain, but it’s kind of obvious what that means. I have a lot of late nights this week. I finish at 9:30pm today, tomorrow and Thursday. Friday I finish at 12am because of extra magic hours, then have a 9:45am start the next day. Hopefully I will still be functioning!

I’m working on my birthday, which I kind of guessed would happen. By the time we got taught how to work the Hub, I thought a week’s notice wasn’t really fair and I don’t want to be put in the wrong books this early in my program! However, I do finish at 3:15pm on my birthday (30th Jan) so I get the afternoon/night off and then have the 31st off. Oh and I do finish at 1:30pm on the 29th, so I’ll be able to skype my family, as I have been told to do so, since it’ll be the 30th over there.

Since I’ll be turning 21 we do get the option to move complexes for free (usually it’s a $50 fee) because you can move from a wellness apartment to a non-wellness apartment. I was considering moving, but I like my roommates here, so I’m pretty sure I’ll stay right where I am.

That’s all for now, I don’t have to get ready for work, since I already am. Sweatpants, shirt and shoes is all you need, you’re not allowed to wear make-up as a Character Performer, so there goes 10 minutes of getting ready time. The bus I catch is at 1:55pm, we have to get there 15 minutes early before our shift starts to clock in, change and check in at the base, but we get to leave 20 minutes early at the end of the day, so it all works out!

Have a great day/night!~

No comments:

Post a Comment