Monday 16 January 2012

Step In Time

Morning!

A lot has happened in the past few days since my last entry, I think the last thing I mentioned was check in? If not, I may be repeating myself, oh well.

Orientation Day 1 (Monday)
Wow, already I’m struggling to remember what we did on our orientation days. Oh, I remember – the first day was horrible. We went to Vista Way to sign some more papers, line up, get our information ticked off, got more information to read, lined up again, got our photos taken for our Housing ID, then got a sticker on our books with what bus time we were catching – 2:30pm. We didn’t get on that bus until 2:45pm, they were all running late. When we got to Casting there was another line waiting for us. It was slow moving, but not too long. Once we rounded a corner, showed our IDs, there was yet another line. We were in this line for 2 hours. None of us had eaten lunch since it said that they’d finish at 4pm. We didn’t leave until 6:30pm (arrived at around 3pm at Casting). But I got my schedule and traditions time. Since we were all starving we went over to CiCi’s, a Pizza place and we all got the ‘all you can eat pizza, pasta and dessert’ It was only $5. Afterwards I went home and slept.

Orientation Day 2 (Tuesday)
And I honestly cannot remember this day… oops.
Oh no, I do. That was when we had to go to the Commons at 9am for a short presentation on Immigration information, went shopping to fill in the gap between that presentation and the next at 1pm. The 1pm session was longer and was about Housing and Housing rules etc.

Traditions (Wednesday)
I was in the 2pm session for this, so I got a sleep in! Unlike those who had Traditions at 8am. We learnt about the company’s past, present and future. Got to have a short visit of the Magic Kingdom where I saw the castle in person for the first time in my life, and definitely not the last. We finished then headed to Downtown Disney for some dinner. We got our discount IDs and our name tags this day!

Magic Kingdom (Thursday)
Thursday I visited the Magic Kingdom as a guest for the first time! I went by myself, and then caught up with a friend I made on the bus on the way to traditions. She had a friend with her too and we headed over to Tomorrowland and viewed the Laugh Floor show. I didn’t have high expectations for this, but it was pretty good! I’m still amazed with how they do this show. Afterwards we had some lunch after they got fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin; I wasn’t too keen to go on that, I don’t do spinning rides, so I didn’t get a fastpass. We then wandered around Tomorrowland, took some stalker pictures of Buzz Lightyear since the line was huge and as we continue our stroll we find Chip ‘n Dale in their Tomorrowland getup! The line was short so we jumped on the end. After they had a short break, we were first in line and got our pictures with the characters – my first picture with a Disney character! We then departed from one another since their fastpass was ready. I then looked around Fantasyland, then when I was back on Main Street the 3pm parade was due to start. I got a spot and took a ton of pictures of the parade. After walking around the other Lands, I get a text from Alice and Nadine that they’re on their way. I make my way back to Main Street, but get stopped to watch yet another parade – the Street Party one. So I watched that then headed down to the Emporium. Bought some items (shouldn’t of said we’d meet there) and found the two girls just as they entered the park. We took some photos, got a fastpass for Space Mountain and looked around. We went on the Haunted Mansion, by this time it was dark, so it made it a little bit more fun as we waited. By the time we got out the Electrical Parade was due to start, we got our spots and watched the parade – it was so pretty! Afterwards we got something to eat and went on Space Mountain, which was fun!

Welcome to Entertainment (Friday)
I finally had my early start, got up and got ready to get to Disney University by 8:30am. Ours was a long session 8:30am-5pm, but it actually did fly by. The first part was the boring stuff. All about safety and how to best use your arms whilst on and off stage. We got to go to the Cast Member’s cafeteria at Magic Kingdom, where we saw numerous of face characters getting their lunch; we did get a bit excited over that, though they’re probably sick of it and just want a break! We got to go back into Magic Kingdom to watch Dream Along With Mickey (I had watched it three times the previous day, so I wasn’t as excited as some of the other people) then headed back to Disney University for more information. At the end we got our schedules for this coming week, which is training. I’m excited for it and nervous! We have two days offstage, then the next two onstage, which will be our assessment! I was a little bit shocked they throw you in straight away, but hopefully everything will be okay.

Epcot & Magic Kingdom (Saturday, Yesterday)
Yesterday I went with Jen to Epcot where we mainly went on some rides in Future World and character hunted in one side of the World Showcase. We managed to find Marie, Belle & Beast, Aurora, Chip and Dale, Rafiki, Alice and Mary Poppins! Once our fastpasses were ready for Test Track, we jumped on it; it was a bit of a letdown since our expectations were probably a tad too high. Once we had gone on that ride, we jumped on a monorail back to Magic Kingdom to find characters and ride some rides. First we found Captain Jack Sparrow performing his show of how to be a pirate, Jen hurried back the way we came to meet Peter Pan. I was going to grab us a seat at Tortuga Tavern, but it was closed, so I made my way back to her. The line was huge, but she was near the front. I didn’t want to push in, so I just took photos of Jen and Peter for her, I’ll get some pictures with him another day. Though it was a weird encounter with Pan, I had my boots on, which I call my pirate boots since they look like them. Jen pointed them out to Peter who replied with ‘I’ve never met a girl pirate before……do you smell like a boy pirate? They smell of fish’ well, I certainly hope I don’t smell of fish…but that wasn’t it, Peter came over and started sniffing me, it was a tad awkward, I wasn’t sure what to do but laugh. Thankfully, I smelt good and not of codfish.

After that awkward encounter, we got some lunch, went on It’s A Small World, got our fastpasses for Peter Pan’s Flight, then went on Pirates of the Caribbean. While waiting for our passes to be valid, we watched Dream Along With Mickey whilst guarding our spots in front for the Electrical Parade, watched the parade and made the silly mistake of going to get some Hot Cocoa. Once we finally got our drinks, the moment we stepped out of Casey’s the lights went out for the photos on the Castle, which happens just before Wishes. We made our way through the crowd – SO many people! And found a spot to watch the photos. Jen disappeared to find a bin, but also found a good spot to watch the fireworks, so I found her and we watched Wishes, the fireworks show. Once that was finished we headed down to where the princesses and Mickey and Minnie go for their photos. We lined up for the princesses, met a young boy and his mum, and finally got to meet the princesses: Aurora, Belle and Cinderella. I was asked by Aurora which kingdom I was from – Australia – and she mentioned how exhausted my horses must be. I said they were rewarded with oats, she then asked what about carrots since her horse likes those the most. I just replied ‘only the good horses get carrots’. We then had our photo and I was on my way to Belle. We talked about reading; I told her she was one of my most favourite princesses, in which she went all shy. Belle then said that we should definitely read together and perhaps teach Beast to read. Photos were taken and I moved over to Cinderella. I had been wearing a bracelet a friend back home gave me after her travels around Europe. It’s a beaded bracelet from Greece, so it has blue and silver beads with dangling beads, one being a fish. Cinderella pointed the bracelet out and asked if my mice friends made that for me – of course I replied with a yes. She then pointed out the fish charm-like bead and asked if I was a mermaid – ‘sometimes’, was my reply – I had a little bit too much fun with the princesses last night!

Next we lined up, in a very short line, to meet Mickey and Minnie! We hugged and had photos, they were speedy so next time I’ll try and interact with them more! By now our passes were ready to use, so we made our way through the crowds, which had gathered for the next Electrical Parade (the park stays open until 1am on Saturdays) so it was a little bit harder to get through. Eventually we made it to Peter Pan’s Flight, the fastpass allowed us to jump the line, which was 65 minutes of wait time. It was similar to that of Disneyland Paris, but one thing I wish it had, was the opening of the windows when you sail through them, WDW doesn’t have that.

After buying more items from the emporium we went home, but then jumped in a cab to Walmart to get some item Jen needed for today and what  needed for my training – yay for sweatpants and sneakers. How exciting. We got home at 12:30am, it was a bit day.

Today (Sunday)
I have today off again, as well as tomorrow. I believe I’m going to Hollywood Studios tomorrow, but we’ll see tonight what’s happening. Today is mainly washing my clothes since I have hardly any left and cleaning the bathroom, a very quiet day ahead of me.

Hopefully that’s caught everyone up, no wonder people desert their blogs – you get so busy here! So many things to do!

Until next time!~

No comments:

Post a Comment