Thursday 28 July 2011

$$$

Hey hey,

So I’m still waiting for August to arrive so I can send off my Police Background Check to tick another item off my list of ‘things to do before I leave’. It’s the next thing on the list until we get our Welcome Packs in October.

Today, however, I decided that since the conversion from the Australian Dollar to the American Dollar is great at the moment, there was no harm in getting some money converted over onto a Travel Money Card which I got from Commonwealth Bank. Since I’m currently a student and with the Commonwealth Bank the usual $15 fee for the card was wavered for me – one less thing to pay for! I converted over $1000 AUD, which ended up being $1061.30 USD. I’m sure the dollar will keep rising for a while, but I got to start at some point and knowing my luck I’d keep putting it off then it would drop suddenly or something. My luck tends to do stuff like that, so I wasn’t in any position to bet against it, for today anyway.

I’ve added a link to the ‘Websites’ page that has information on the Commonwealth Travel Money Card for anyone who is interested or undecided with what card they’re going to take over with them.

Anyway that’s all that’s happened, nothing to exciting. I’m still saving like there’s no tomorrow, though I did buy a new pair of earrings the other day… I’ve still got some $$$in my account, which I’m keeping there if and when I get around to my Travel/Health Insurance. I’m back at uni now, last semester! And the countdown to both Disney and the end of University has begun (though, I did start the Disney countdown as soon as I found out about our starting date).

Have a great night!~

No comments:

Post a Comment