Tuesday 5 July 2011

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Hey everyone,

To start off, sad day on Saturday, it was Flynn Rider’s last day at WDW. Just a tad devastated, I really wanted a picture with both him and Rapunzel… Hopefully he’ll make appearances throughout the year next year!

Today I officially book Jen’s and mine flights from LA to Orlando with Delta Airlines. Ended up being $241 each including tax, not too bad. Cheaper than flying to Melbourne, this is a shorter distance from Brisbane than it is from LA to Orlando! So, that’s all the flights taken care of until we get over there and change our return dates and eventually book our flights back to LA or wherever we travel after the program.

Hotel has been booked (well, I’m pretty sure it has, haven’t received an official confirmation itinerary from STA travel yet, but I’m going in tomorrow so I’ll work that out then). We’ve decided on staying at the Holiday Inn Resort, just down from Vista Way where everyone checks in on the first day, so not too far to travel. Here’s a link to the hotel:
Looks good to us! 2 Double beds with breakfast for $105 each for 2 nights, yes please.

I think I might add a tab up the top with websites I’ve used or websites to hotels and flights etc that we’ve decided on… In case anyone is interested.

So our final flight itinerary is:

Wednesday 04-01-2012
Depart: Brisbane, Australia 11:15am (Air New Zealand)
Arrive: Auckland, New Zealand 5:25pm (Air New Zealand)

Depart: Auckland, New Zealand 10:45pm (Air New Zealand)
Arrive: Los Angeles, USA 2:00pm (Air New Zealand)

Depart: Los Angeles, USA 10:50pm (Delta)

Thursday 05-01-2012
Arrive: Orlando, USA 6:34am (Delta)

I’m getting all excited again, been looking at the Walmart website too often this week…I should probably find other shops to browse that are over there…

Tomorrow I’m dropping into STA Travel to hand in all the required proof of student/who you are for Jen and hand in my photo for our ISIC cards (basically to say we’re students, therefore get the cheap flights etc) and I should ask about what deals/passes they have for Universal parks (mainly: HARRY POTTER WORLD – can’t wait to try a Butterbeer haha!)

That’s all that’s happened lately, there’s not much else we can do until we receive our Welcome Packs from Disney. Anything else happens, I’ll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at their version of our coles/woolies which is Publix and it looks good. I'm quite excited. Haha.

    ReplyDelete