Monday 7 November 2011

All in the Golden Afternoon

Hello All!

I know it hasn’t been long since my last post, but I’ve done a few more things since then concerning Disney, that is – I’ve finished paying everything! Yay! Well, at least everything that needs to be paid before my departure. Saturday night I paid my Program Assessment Fee, which is $100 that goes towards the events and such held for program participants. Their advice at the presentation was – go to them and eat as much food as you can. So, we’ll see if I do just that. It was actually $104.50 including the rate to use credit card or something. But seeing as the Aussie dollar was strong when I paid for it, it only totalled to $101 something.

This afternoon I finally paid my insurance, just a tad scary, not sure why I was scared of pressing that ‘purchase’ button. I never have troubles when paying for flights when they’re more expensive than this. But it’s done and I’ve got the certificate. The copy on my computer and the four print outs of that certificate, because I worry like that. I ended up going with itrek insurance. It’s the only insurance company that I could find that would go over the 12 months, which I need after the program for travelling and getting home. For $0 excess 13 months it was $950.01 also an amazing price seeing as people have gotten insurance for that price or more for only 12 months.

Also, I was meant to post pictures of my travel diary that I bought from Smiggle the other week. I love it. I do warn, the pictures are of poor quality since I used my old camera, my new camera battery was dead.


Front Cover



Map inside the front cover



Example of the pages inside


Back pocket for receipts and small notes


I can’t wait to use it!

And on another note, I received my forms back from the consulate with my passport and the visa inside! That’s all for now, not much of an update and there probably won’t be many more from now until closer to the departure date or when I’m actually over in America. I suppose we shall see.
60 days until check in and 57 days until I depart Australia!

Until next time, have a wonderful night!~

P.S. Someone also ran into my car at the car park at work today. Joyous. Not the best timing in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! I like journals that have little pockets in them.. Gonna keep a look out for a Smiggle next time I shop. Good to see your on top of things Disney-trip wise ;)

    You were in Sydney! Woah! But didn't stay long enough to make a Sophie/Misty visit eh? Ah well, till next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesh so cute! Haha, yeah feels good to have everything out of the way, now to just save for spending and travelling!

    I twas! I considered making you both come out and about, but I honestly had no idea how long the interview would take. Some people it took them 3 hours x__x If I had known that we picked a quiet time/day (only took us like 20 or so minutes)I would have definitely been like 'get your butts here nows'.

    Most definitely! There will be a next time ;D

    ReplyDelete