Sunday 1 July 2012

Seize The Day

Hello Hello,

It’s been a while, but the schedules I’ve been having, nothing at work has been exciting. I mean you get the moments that make you smile. For example I met my first Australian guests the other week, when I told them this, the mum gave me a hug. It was slightly awkward, but it made me smile anyway – they were as close as I could get to home, they live just north of Brisbane of all places. Also, I was at the playground where we stand and make sure everything is safe – Disney is big in safety – and I notice a little girl leave without any parents. I watched her go to their stroller looking around with a worried look on her face – she would have been about 5. I asked if she had lost her parents, in which she told me yes. I pointed over at the shaded areas along the perimeter of the playground where there’s seats for the parents, and said that they may be in there. Alas they were when she went to look. But that wasn’t it, it was when they were leaving the playground the girl stopped, holding her mum’s hand, and said ‘thank you very much for helping me find my parents’. The mum goes ‘what are you on about?’ Obviously had no idea her daughter had panicked a bit trying to find them. I told the mum that she had been a bit lost and upset as she couldn’t find them, I pointed out where they may be. I got another thank you from the mum and they were off. It’s not much, but in America manners are somewhat ignored here. So when you get kids thanking you, it’s sort of special.

Besides working at the Brave Highland Games every working day, on my days off I’ve been shopping and last week I saw La Nouba finally with Alex, one of my roommates. It was amazing, I mean it’s Cirque du Soliel need I say anything else? I recommend it to anyone. I’ve missed two of my good friends back home’s birthdays – Emily and Lauren – Happy Birthday girls! They have to be patient as I have their presents with me. I wasn’t too comfortable sending them home, so they must wait. Brave came out on the 22nd in America, I managed to get free tickets! Thanks to working at the Brave Highland Games, so there was a good thing that came out of it. I saw it on Monday the 25th, loved it. I actually want to see it again, but I cannot see me having any time in this next month to do so, but that’s okay.

Ben and Hannah left for America on Tuesday, they’re now in the same country as me, it’s made me a little more homesick actually. I think it’s because they’re so much closer, yet I still can’t see them. Thankfully, however, I only have 9 sleeps and 8 days left until I go on my mini holiday with them. Cannot wait to sleep in a comfortable bed, it’s been 6 months and I still haven’t gotten used to this bed, it’s very uncomfortable. And it’s the Beach Club resort, so we’re definitely getting comfy beds.

I walked to Publix yesterday for the first time. It’s really not that long of a walk, but unfortunately security gave me a broken cart, so it weaved side to side too often that it got annoying very quickly. Publix also has some great deals, a lot of ‘buy one get one free’ deals. Today’s Jen’s birthday and we went to Chef Mickey’s for breakfast; it was nice to be a guest there rather than working there for once. Mickey seemed to know me very well, so that was fun to hang out with him for a bit and get some photos. I would post photos, but I forgot my camera so they’re all on Jen’s camera.

Tomorrow I’m back at; you guessed it, the Brave Highland Games. As I said last post, I’m stuck here till it ends on July 8, though I have yet to find out whether I’m working the last day, that I find out tomorrow with the new schedule. Then it’s the 9th, which means Ben and Hannah are here! I have just under 5 weeks (it was 5 weeks yesterday) until I go home. I’m very excited to go home and earn some actual money! Sorry America, but your pay checks are nowhere near satisfying.

That’s all for now, just thought I’d do an update before it all gets backed up to one huge post, because I’m sure my post about the holiday I will have with Ben and Hannah will be a long post.
Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment