Saturday 18 June 2011

Hotels, Travel Agent and Flights

      Hi all,

So I’m finding it kind of impossible to study at the moment. All I want to do is search for hotels, Google maps the area I’ll be living in, search hotels again, check out Air New Zealand’s features again then probably back to looking at hotels again. And somewhere in there I like to look at the Walmart site as well.

Anyway, we decided we’re going with Air New Zealand. You can’t turn down a price like that! We’d also catch a 22:50 flight with Delta from LAX to Orlando MCO Airport on the 4th, which would then have us arrive on the 5th at around 6:30/7am. A good time cos it will give us the whole day to do either Walmart (yes…a day for Walmart, tourists much?) or Universal – hello Harry Potter World! I’m going into STA travel after my Monday exam to put down the deposit for both Jen and I. Good thing is I have over $3000 already saved up, so I can pretty much pay off my flights straight away, which I think I’ll do in case the price changes and so it’s out of the way.

      Hotels~
Looking at hotels is such a great way to use my procrastination time. Much prefer doing that than studying, of course I’ll regret it later, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take. There’s one we both really like the look of. It’s about $100 per night for 2 Queen Beds and it has great reviews – this is Doubletree by Hilton Hotels I’m talking about. Right across from Universal as well. Our problem with the hotels is what will get us to Vista Way quicker, cos I believe that’s where everyone checks in, or so I have heard. Other hotels near Disney are Quality Inn & Suites Kissimmee and Comfort Suites Maingate East, both of which have great reviews also. And a bonus: free breaky! Haha. Oh and free shuttles to Universal and WDW parks, which is good.

Quality Inn & Suites in Kissimmee is the cheapest out of the three at about $60 a night for 2 Queens. Comfort Suites Maingate East is about $90 a night for 2 doubles, but they have a ‘deluxe’ hot and cold breakfast rather than a continental… that could be good. I guess you’re just paying the extra for the food, maybe, because it seems fairly similar to Quality Inn & Suites.

      Travel Agent
So, as I have said, I’ll be hitting up the travel agent to pay the deposits and I’ll also ask about the LAX-MCO flight with Delta and see if it’s possible to book that through them and maybe ask them about Universal and hotels. I’m sure they have a better idea than I do!

Before I leave, just gonna shout out and say a Happy Birthday to my friend Emily! She’s 20 today and I’ve known her for about 19 years of those, impressive, yes?

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment